Child Development Center
Our ministry works to meet the individual needs of families by offering Christian-based care for preschool ages from infants, six weeks old, up to kindergarten age.
An Important Choice
Choosing a child care facility is one of the most important decisions a parent makes. Here at First Baptist, when you entrust your child to our care, we take that responsibility very seriously. Our ministry works to meet the individual needs of families by offering Christian-based care for preschool ages from infants, six weeks old, up to kindergarten age.
It is our goal to meet the wide range of physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of each child within the framework of a protective environment. Our major purpose is to provide a warm and secure climate where each child can learn to trust adults, to feel comfortable and secure and to have self-confidence as a beginning learner.
As we work with each individual child and family, our focus is to accomplish these goals:
- To help children to trust and enjoy people
- To help children develop a positive self-image
- To teach children respect for others
- To develop children’s ability to solve problems and make decisions
- To provide opportunities for children to develop their intellectual, physical and social skills
- To encourage expression of ideas and feelings through the effective use of language
- To provide materials that encourage creative play and learning
- To provide activities that challenge children without frustrating them
- To develop supportive relationships and effective communication with each family