God made us for Himself and our souls are restless until we find rest in Him. Only God can fill the void in your life. The answer to your search is to accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of your life.
1. GOD LOVES YOU. Because of God’s love for all people, He wants to have unbroken fellowship with you. ( John 3:16; Ephesians 2:4-5)
2. YOU ARE A SINNER. All people are sinners in that they disobey God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and doing your own thing instead of being obedient to God. ( Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10 )
3. SIN SEPARATES YOU FROM GOD. Sin is a barrier that prevents you from being in unbroken fellowship with God. (Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3:23 )
4. YOU CAN’T SAVE YOURSELF. People often think that if they live a good life and do good things they can overcome the barrier of sin between themselves and God. There is nothing you can do on your own that can restore the broken relationship with God. You can’t earn God’s Salvation. ( Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; Romans 4:4-5 )
5. GOD SENT HIS SON, JESUS CHRIST, TO REMOVE THE SIN BARRIER. When Jesus Christ, God’s son, died on the cross He removed the sin barrier between you and God. Jesus died for your sins, taking punishment on Himself. God did for you in Jesus Christ, what you could not do for yourself. ( 1 Peter 2:24; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21 )
6. YOU CAN RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST THROUGH FAITH. Faith is trusting in what Jesus has done for you instead of trusting your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith requires genuine sorrow for your sin and a willingness to turn away from sin. ( John 14:6; Acts 16:31; Romans 10;9-10)
7. THROUGH PRAYER YOU CAN LEARN TO TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST. Confess to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins. Invite Jesus into your life as Savior and Lord. Thank Him for entering into your life. Commit yourself to live for Him.
Accepting Christ is the beginning. The next step is to be baptized and to join a community of believers. We invite you to join with us on your Christian journey. We will be happy to talk with you about baptism. We are here to support and encourage you in your decision to follow Christ.
If you have questions about what you have read and would like to discuss it with one of our ministers, please call our church office at (336)226-2433. We would love the opportunity to minister to you and to share with you the wonderful love and power of Jesus Christ.